Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Awakening

Each day, it seems that I learn something new about myself and I realize who I am and who I want to be. Each day, it seems that I progress, whether I learn or do something positive or something negative, I am progressing regardless. 

I often ask myself, how is it that I am evolving into this person. What is influencing my ideology? I find that I am less persuaded by direct influences, but what has influenced me the most is looking out into the chaotic, repulsive society in which I live.

Recently, I have tried to separate myself from those that don't matter. I have cut myself off from those that mean nothing to me and those that inhibit my spiritual  (non-religious spirituality) and intellectual growth. I have no need for those that do not share the same motives in this life. I have no need for those who partake of absurd beliefs, hypocrites, religious zagnuts, racist individuals, etc. To simplify, I want nothing to do with those who are affiliated with any religious organization, those that I would term as redneck or racist and those that lack intellectual depth.

I went from nearly 100 "friends" on facebook to under 20 during this transition. Of those that were deleted: a lot I hated, some were true friends and others just existed. However, my life is going a certain direction and I just simply do not see the need to have contact with certain people. Most of those I left were close family, which will remain friends regardless of our differences and a few select friends. I do not plan on even checking my facebook but a few times a month in the future anyway because I want to cut way back on the control that technology has on my life, other than for school or work, of course. I would rather use my time in a more productive fashion like writing, drawing, etc. I will post blogs as often as possible though.

I have grown tired of seeing ignorant posts on social networking sites. People post thoughtless or childish chain letters and they feel the need to post 100 times a day and it grows annoying after sometime. You find yourself asking "why do I even have anything to do with these idiots?" I sound like an ass, but so be it. I hate stupid people. Some people would post things that looked as if 3rd graders had written them, come on! 

One individual had posted religious thread after religious thread and then up and posted something that used harsh, perverted language and being the opinionated person I am, I figured it was time to call people out on their stupidity. This person I remind you goes to a strict religious church and recently left his wife with no explanation and gets married to another woman 3 months later. He has two children and still goes to church. He has 50 cent on his favorite music section but the man has religious morals.... Hmmmm. So I called him out! I am sick of the hypocrisy of "Christians." If you talk it, you better walk it or I will call you out. If you don't talk it, then I don't give a fuck what you do. Anyway, I replied to this guy and ripped into him pretty good and I love how he had nothing to say in return. 

A few days prior to this he posted something along the lines of "people are like light bulbs, some of us let our INNER LIGHT shine and others are just a piece of glass." One person replied, "it's better to be a piece of glass than a dumb ass" and of course my response to this 300 lb man was.... " we are all like light bulbs, some are fat and odd shaped, but you can see right through them all."

I will not hold my tongue when people speak mindlessly of things that they know nothing about. We have brains for a reason, USE IT! Don't be led blindly by wolves in sheep clothing. Question everything. Research everything. Don't blindly follow what someone teaches, look into it for yourself. Know everyones motive. Pickup on others contradictory actions or statements. If someone claims to be a "Christian" and they do something that isn't Christian.... CALL THEM OUT!

This is the time for AWAKENING!

No comments:

Post a Comment