Monday, March 28, 2011

Goodbye Apathy

I first started this blog with the intentions of putting social networking to rest. I do not see the need to provide other individuals with information about what I am doing, where I am going or what I ate for dinner. We live in a technology controlled society and it has become a thorn in the side of Americas sanity. It has become cool to have the latest and greatest phones, computers and gadgets to use social networking sites and get the latest gossip and information about others. I have no need for such superficiality. I am through with the "buy me" age and having corporations shove new product after new product down my throat. I don't need a phone that does a thousand things. I refuse to pay thousands of dollars a year to a crooked phone company. I refuse to support and buy from corporations like Walmart that have destroyed Americas economy and local business market. I am happy to have an Ipad for school work and an occasional blog, but I am saying ENOUGH! Technology has destroyed the simplicity and beauty in life and I want it back!

I have more important things in my life to spend time on than some nonsensical social networking site with ignorant mindless individuals that cannot think for themselves or even spell for that matter. There are many people that I have no need for in my life. I choose only to hang around and communicate with those that aren't persuaded by ignorant trends and those that I can have an actual intelligent conversation with. I want to fully dedicate myself to my future and I shouldn't be wasting any of my precious time. I want to stay focused on changing my world and helping others through the medical field. Social Network sites accomplish absolutely nothing, unless you want to provide personal information to those who will most often use the information against you. Professors and employers have even begun searching their students and employees and not everyone needs to know your religious beliefs, personal hobbies, etc.

Sure, I have become quite the hippie and I am proud of that. I have an incredible little ecosystem in which I live and I do not want so much access to the outside corporate world. I have nothing in common with 90% of the people in this world and I honestly want nothing to do with those individuals. It doesn't take Einstein himself to know how messed up our world has become when you have celebrities as politicians and the majority of people actually support them. We have thousands of organized religions all with different beliefs and we have corporations and companies controlling us. Companies sell poisons like tobacco, drugs and alcohol knowing of their effects out of greed and monetary gain, but we are not innocent for buying them. We spend money on name brand clothing, expensive jewelry and shoes when families down the street have no clothes or shoes period. We could buy from thrift stores and not only be "green" but donate the extra to a cause. We shouldn't forget about those less fortunate than ourselves. We shouldn't esteem one race or culture over another, people are people no matter the color of their skin.   

We have lost our simplicity, our joy, our privacy and our beauty. We are one disgusting nation of mindless puppets. I may have high expectations for our world, but that doesn't mean that I give up hope or do not do my part in trying to make it better.

This blog is not aimed at any particular person, but this has come about from past frustrations of involving myself in a world in which I do not belong, nor do I want a part of. I assure that this blog is not about anyone in my family, in fact this has been coming for months now. I told April over three months ago that I planned on shutting down my social networks and that is why this blog was created in the first place. Hence the "Introduction" blog written on January 14th of this year which was very similar to this post. That should provide enough proof that this blog is not in direct response to anything that has been posted recently, etc.

The Hear Me Out blog will remain open and I will post blogs whenever time allows. I will no longer be wasting my time with checking social networking sites on a daily basis and Myspace and Facebook will both be shut down by the end of the week. I am very selective of those that I keep in my world and I do not want hypocritical, judgmental or ignorant individuals in my world. Why should I provide those people fuel through social networking sites? I see no need. I am an agnostic hippie, say what you will. I am not concerned with others say or others opinions of my beliefs or life. I am comfortable in my own skin and I love my life. I have an amazing wife and a beautiful daughter, a bright future, great ideas and morals. That's all that I need to know and I do not need the approval of any other individual regardless of who they are. I am thankful for this life and everything that has made me who I am today. Sure, I have fucked up and made mistakes. I have failed in my life. BUT I have never gave up and I never will. I am a long way today from who I was yesterday and that is enough for me.     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment