Monday, June 20, 2011

Death

Death by Adam Kincaid

This is your last day; This is your last breath
Hearing voices; Deep within your head
Angels calling; Spirits dance around your bed
Demons begging you to pray; You are sure as dead

The fear is haunting; The fear is taunting
The end has been written on the palm of your hand
The black river starts flowing through your veins
You’re screaming internal as you drown in pain

Watching your body shake as you grip the fray
The dizzy room is spinning as you start to pray
The end is the beginning according to what you believe
But the end is still the end; No matter what you see

The Breakdown
A spiritual person is dying and they see supernatural things as they take their last breath. But dying isn’t a spiritual experience (there are no angels and demons) but death is a natural experience (on the palm of your hand/ the black river).  The last paragraph just says that you can believe what you want out of fear, but that doesn’t change the fact that no one knows what happens when they die.
This is the last writing I will pull from the "vault" from now. I remain shocked as I go back and read things I wrote years ago that I had the same outlook on life then as I do now. The only difference is that I was forced to mask my ideas then out of fear of judgement. Today, I just realize that there is no shame in knowledge and wisdom. To put it simply, I don't care what ignorant people think.

No comments:

Post a Comment