Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Zeitgeist and Beyond

I was reading a forum earlier today, as I have been researching religion and capitalism and various theories involved with religion and monetary systems. I was reading about the Zeitgeist film and I found that the only argument critics had against the 3 parts of the film including the falsehood of religion, the hidden agenda of government and the  destined failure of capitalism. The major arguing point is the falsehood or validity of Christianity, but I especially found that portion of the film to be exceptional. Though supporters of the Zeitgeist movement are over 6 million strong, the public disagrees with their beliefs because they are "infidels" who hate Christianity. How is it so easy to argue that something exists when there is no evidence that can prove it actually does? You can't give evidence that something doesn't exist, but you should be able to give evidence when something does exist.

For example: 
Me: Bigfoot is real
You: Then prove it
Me: No, why don't you disprove it
You: Well, the only evidence I have is that no one has seen him
Me: But that doesn't me that he is not real.

That is what Christians sound like. The only evidence of their god is a book that says a child was conceived by god, water was turned to wine, two loaves of bread fed thousands, bread fell from the sky, the red sea was parted, a donkey spoke words, a man healed others with divine powers, etc. I could go on all night. People actually believe that these ridiculous things actually happened. Some believe they still go on today and others believe that they don't happen today because god no longer needs to perform miracles. Right?!

If the book itself isn't ridiculous enough. The creation of the book itself is not as it seems either. Essentially, the stories of the Bible were written during different time periods and a group of "scholars" sat around a large table and chose what writings go into the Bible and the order of the different passages. But my bad, God has watched over his word and I'm sure that he watched over this collective meeting of scholars. My question is, why does god even watch over his word to keep it in context when there are thousands of denominations that have different concepts of the interpretation of the holy scripture. Somebody is not doing their job. 

The truth is that the stories in the Bible were formed from older ancient mythology. There are so many Greek and Indian gods that predate Christ that involved the same scenarios. For example, I had written a paper on the similarities between Christ and Dionysus, which is posted as an earlier blog. Others like: Horus, Mithra, Osiris, Krishna and Attis had similar stories and all predate the story of the Christ. Personally, I believe these ancient myths influenced the stories of Jesus, as well as the use of constellations and distortion of sun worship. 

Back in 2007, I got a tattoo of a sun god on my arm. On the first warm day of spring I went and got the tattoo as a symbol. A symbol to mark the ending of a long cold winter in my life and my adoration for the one visible, tangible thing that is sure to be faithful when all else fails. Not a cross, or a symbol of Christianity because they are not visible, tangible or real, but the sun is the closest to a god that I have ever found. This also disproves the gossip that I changed overnight or that I allowed someone else to sway my thinking. I have disagreed with majority of Christianity from the start. Which can be followed by my writings since the early 2000's, but that's a whole different subject. Anyway,  I found it odd that as I watched part I of the Zeitgeist movie, they mentioned the same adoration for the sun in ancient times and how this "power" of the sun and the stories of constellations were distorted over time. The film gives an excellent theory of the creation of Christianity. 

Anyway, back to the forum on the Zeitgeist film. I find it odd that one Christian called Zeitgeist followers delusional and crazy with a lack of understanding. Is someone who follows their senses, living in reality and only acknowledging scientific proven facts delusional? Or is someone who believes in something that they can't see, hear or touch delusional? Is someone who believes the red sea was parted and a donkey spoke delusional? Is someone who believes prayer effects outcomes delusional?
Now the lack of understanding is another point of mine. The majority of Zeitgeists are people who were once involved in Christianity and advocates of capitalism that researched the issues and could see through hidden agendas. What I find humorous is that Christians are the ones who lack understanding and the proper information. The leaders like to keep it this way. Do as your told and ask no questions.

I think it's funny that Christians know nothing about other religions or gods. They cling so tightly to their beliefs without having any knowledge of the other side of the story. I watched a documentary where Christians were inquired about other religions. They had no answers. A research study in the form of a questionnaire asked Christians and atheists on various levels of education about different religions. Atheists scored enormously higher than Christians and a correlation was also found between the level of education and religious beliefs. The higher the level of education, the least likely the individual was to cling to a certain religious doctrine. Also, the atheists knew more about the Bible than the Christians themselves.

For Christians, this lack of cultural and religious knowledge is a problem. It is human nature to cling to what one knows. Therefore, the American way is to shove a form of Christianity down ones throat without knowledge of universal religions or scientific facts. People are clinging to the doctrine because it is all they have heard or know. That's why a child clings only to it's mother for the first months of it's life. It's human nature to cling to what you are familiar with. However, people should be given all the information they need to make an informed decision on their own. There is no way for a human to logically argue with evolution. Science holds the ability to be proven or disproven, whereas Christianity cannot be proven or disproven because their is no evidence either way. So which will you choose? Logic or faith?

Do you have all the information you need to make an informed decision on your religious beliefs? I suggest that people study alternative religions, scientific beliefs and other theories. If after doing so, you feel Christianity is the truth then more power to you. By studying other religions, more than likely you will not convert, but you will see their ridiculous beliefs or their similarities with Christianity and you will see through the stories of the Bible. To see how informed you are of alternative beliefs, here are a few basic questions. What is deism? Atheism? Buddhism? Hinduism? Judaism? Taosim? Islam? What is eastern mysticism? What is new age belief? What is The Big Bang Theory? Do you know how evolution works? Do you know the more important mythological gods and goddesses? Also make note of the  creators and leaders of each of these religions and the time periods of each. Also, realize the influence and similarities of one to another.

So, what do I believe? I cannot expound too much at the time because it is currently 2 a.m. but I will give you the basics. I believe in evolution, because it is scientific and makes complete sense. I believe this for alot of reasons, but my belief in evolution was confirmed by watching the division process of cells on a microscope during clonal selection, as well as studying the mutation process. I also had the opportunity to study various skeletal system of different animals and humans, but as stated earlier I have numerous reasons. I discount Christianity completely. I have found it to be completely irrelevant in today's society and mostly harmful. I believe that biblical stories were derived from ancient myths mixed with distortion of sun worship and constellations. Jesus Christ may have lived, but he had no supernatural experiences. I believe that Buddism is a good way to live by. Not as a religion, because Buddhism was never intended to be a religion, but the ideas can have a great outcome on ones positivity. I also believe the basics of Taoism, as well. We are all both good and evil, but that doesn't mean the we shouldn't strive for excellence. I do not believe you should exalt any particular god or leader of any religion though. I understand why people adapt to many forms of new age belief and I believe that each individual could be considered a "god," but I believe that it is most important to know oneself. I think it best or each individual to live life with dignity an integrity rather than grasping belief systems. Like Buddhism, live in each moment with positivity, love and integrity and you cannot go wrong. Also, helping others in need is important and a  necessity. 

My next study session will include the idea of karma. Though I want to believe the universe is balanced by good and evil and that justice is served on earth, I do not currently believe in karma. However, I want to learn more about karma than what The Secret has taught or what I have heard.

On to what kick-started the creation of this blog. Apparently, Michelle Bachmann received confirmation from her Christian god that h is "called" to run for president in the next term. Where do I start? First off, I am afraid that anyone who has low enough mental capacity to believe they have direct communication with god is far from capable to run our country. This is complete insanity. But as mention many times in the past, leaders use religion as a tool and they use Christianity strategically in America to push their agendas. 

Let me explain to you what will go down. Sarah Palin as I have stated multiple times will not run for president. Her stupidity has already cost her that opportunity and she knows that she is too inexperienced and that she doesn't have the intelligence to be voted in. However, Palin will push for Michelle Bachmann's presidency to push the agenda of the Republicans and to gain glory and attention. Like Palin, Bachmann is tossing out Christianity early in the election to gain votes, but early enough to be ignored later during her campaign. Disgusting, but true. What voters need to understand is that Christianity and morals are not synonymous. In fact, quite the opposite. Instead, Christianity is a good tool to use in a nation of ignorance. I think it is funny how transparent Bachmann, Palin, Trump and other republicans are being in their actions. The use of Christianity for personal gain should be considered as blasphemy to Christian groups, but rather it is esteemed highly. However, these are the same I do idiots that have ignored Palin's attendance to a "tongues speaking" church. Now these two (Palin and Bachmann) are delusional. 

Lastly, I have to mention a documentary that I am halfway through. Everyone needs to see the documentary titled One Percent. It was created by the family member (son) of the owner of Johnson and Johnson. This young man made this film against the wishes of his family. He discusses how his family is a part of the one percent that owns the rest and his feelings towards his own involvement. His own father told him not to fuck up his life of riches by making the film, but the boy deems morals more important than greed. It is an eye opener for sure. I also suggest that people watch the films Sicko and Capitalism: A Love Story by Michael Moore.

No comments:

Post a Comment